Foreign Employment Process
Following Steps to be followed during Foreign Employment by any Nepali nationals:
APPLICATION FOR PASSPORT
All the job applicants who are mentally and physically prepared for foreign employment should prepare PASSPORT from the concerned department of Nepal Government.
INTERVIEW AND SELECTION
- After getting PASSPORT, the job applicants should apply for the abroad jobs along with supporting documents (Original Passport, Photograph, Experience Certificates, Academic Certificates, Driving License, Training Certificates etc.) through any authorized (Legal) manpower agencies by Govt. of Nepal.
- All the job applicants must get proper information about the applying country, company, position, terms and conditions, etc. prior to applying via any authorized manpower agencies
- In most cases, the employer takes direct interview (oral, written, skill test), but sometimes, they may take interview via any online tools such as skype, telephone etc.
After selection in interview, the job applicants must do medical checkup from any authorized medical center by Nepal Government.
Those who are medically fitted and agreed on employer’s terms and conditions, will apply for the visa. The visa application process varies according to destination country to country.
After issuance of visa, the manpower agencies take Labor Approval from Department of Labor (DOFE), Government of Nepal. During taking labor approval, the submission of Original Passport, Valid Medical Report, Orientation Certificate, Life Insurance, Valid Visa, etc are mandatory.
After Labor Approval and Air Ticket confirmation, the job applicants are departed to the destination for foreign employment.
DUTY AND RETURN
- Manpower agencies will take full responsibility of workers during the whole employment contract period except few exceptional cases including personal attitude, fight, political issue, medical unfitness etc. ׀
- After completion of employment contract, the workers will return to home country. Moreover, employment contract can be extended with mutual understanding between employer and employee.